Monday, September 12, 2011

Old window turned memo board

I had another old window in the garage that I decided to use for my craft room. 

One pane was already broken, so I removed that along with one other. Then I covered the rest of the glass with sheet metal, covered 2 with paper and one with 2 coats of chalkboard paint.

I added some shelves with some old wood, and now it is a great memo board to help keep me on track for the fall craft season!

I had to have some fresh hydrangeas from the garden!

The perfect little spot when I need to take a break! 

6 comments:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

What a GREAT idea...I love this!

Sueann said...

This is wonderful! So nice to see the added sheet metal...a little metal is always cool!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Victoria said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodnes....that's the greatest idea I've seen in a LONG time! Very cleaver! You rock. I have a couple of window like that in my shed. All the windows are intact....I wonder how chalk paint would work on glass???? Hmmmmmmm.....I'm gonna go and check! Thanks for the great idea. :)

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Best use of an old window I've seen yet!

Krystle B said...

How did you go about covering the glass with sheet metal and fabric?